Why my customers choose the Panasonic KV-S1065C:
1. One of my healthcare customers had a requirement for scanning medical cards. This scanner is specifically designed to work with many different sized identification cards. They also love that the scanner software allows you to view both sides of the card on one image. This is a great feature in the medical field. Another great feature is the long paper scanning option for scanning unusually long patient records.
2. Many customers in any industry enjoy utilizing the Kofax VRS software to autocorrect their scanned images. This cuts down time on the end-user manually correcting these images. Productivity is increased substantially.
A quick summary on the scanner:
The KV-S1065C workgroup scanner is an advanced high-output scanner incorporating Panasonic’s proprietary Active Double-Feed Prevention, LED scanning illumination, advanced image processing and Image Capture Plus technologies. It has a rated scanning speed of up to 60ppm simplex or 120ipm duplex. Not only is the KV-S1065C fast, the highly reliable and durable scanning mechanism allows for a maximum daily duty cycle of 5,000 pages per day. Spec sheet
• 75 Sheet Document Feeder, Plus 3 Hard Cards
• Active Double Feed Prevention Roller
• Ultrasonic Double-Feed Detection
• Mixed Paper and Hard Card Batch Scanning
• Long Paper Scanning
• Paper Exit Speed Control and Exit Guide
• Double-Feed Skip
• Advanced Image Processing
- Automatic Brightness Adjustment
- Automatic Image Emphasis
- Dog Ear Detection
• Panasonic Image Capture Plus Technology
• Energy Saving Design
• Easy User Maintenance
• Optional Kofax® Elite Workgroup Software Bundle
Kofax® VRS Elite Workgroup Bundle
Panasonic also offers the option of the Panasonic KV-S1065C scanner bundled with the Kofax® VRS Elite software. Panasonic scanners that include the VRS software bundle are designated with a (-V) at the end of the model number. The Kofax® VRS Elite software provides a variety of advanced scanner applications such as: Device Health Monitor, Centralized Licensing, Profiles and Customizable User Interface, and more.
So when you are considering a desktop scanner for your business needs. You may want to evaluate how the Panasonic scanner runs side by side with other manufacturer models. This is what my customers do and I am finding that the Panasonic KV-S1065C (V) is holding its own.
See more on Panasonic scanners