I have discovered great benefits that Interactive Whiteboards offers in day-to-day activities that many of our private, government and education customers are utilizing. Highlighted below are two of the more popular interactive whiteboards that are requested by customers – the Panasonic UB-T880 and UB-T880W Panaboards.
What is an Interactive Whiteboard?
- It is a Whiteboard that uses a projector to display PC Images onto it’ surface and lets the presenter operate the data on the board, with a finger or an Electronic Pen that works like a PC mouse. It is an active, visual-based educational tool.
- Makes it easy to create effective, eye-catching teaching materials and it promotes active, visual-based teaching and learning.
- Intuitive operation that allows you to freely manipulate music, movies and images, to change ordinary meetings and presentations into visually active exchanges.
For a great list of features – check out the brochure. You will be surprised at all it can do!
I discovered some interesting “out of the box” applications of interactive whiteboards:
Remote Conferencing – for Board meetings, company staff meetings and training (using the remote conferencing system)
- Education – the Panasonic Interactive Panaboards can be purchased with RM Easiteach software. The Panaboard’s information can be saved and distributed to students via flash drive or email. It is a great collaborative teaching tool.
- Education – a School district that did not have the funding or infrastructure to put multiple computers in every classroom – they now use the Panasonic Interactive Panaboard in 700 classrooms to provide Web and Multi-media learning applications and interactive activities involving the web and built-in stereo speakers.
- Healthcare – a hospital that uses the Panasonic Interactive Panaboard as an operating room scheduling tool. Also utilizes the Panaboard in waiting rooms to help entertain adults and children for hours while they wait.
- Utilities – a Utility company that uses the Panasonic Interactive Panaboard as a tool for monitoring different functions such as water and power.
- Firefighting – Fire Station that uses the Panasonic Interactive Panaboard for training and as an interactive tool for Google Maps – they use the touch capabilities to zoom into a specific location of a fire to discuss different ways to access to location etc.
If you have an interesting way you are using an interactive whiteboard please share this information – we could all learn from your experience and wisdom!