Document Management System (DMS) needs should be identified holistically, not just for the needs of the courtroom processes. A successful implementation will be gained through a well thought out plan and a DMS solution that can not only integrate with a courts Case Management System (CMS), but also with Fiscal, HR, Procurement, and other department’s line-of-business systems.
To accomplish a successful implementation of an electronic environment there has to be an overall vision and buy-in from all the key individuals of the court system.
- Culture and vision which incorporates technology as part of the business strategy
- Identify areas to integrate technology with the courts business strategies
- Implementation of an electronic DMS to be used by all departments
- Integration of the DMS with CMS and other line-of-business systems
- Provide public access to documents via a web portal (e-Access)